We are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information you provide when accessing our services.
This Policy explains the privacy and the data protection practices that apply to all websites operated by United Christian Broadcasters Limited, registered charity no. 299128, company registered in England no. 2182533, VAT registration no. 592 6748 90, registered office Hanchurch Christian Centre, Hanchurch, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 8RY ('UCB').
The information we collect
We collect two kinds of information:
- Non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular and which pages are least popular. We do not use this information to tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- Personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, date of birth (where appropriate), card or bank details, etc. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities such as requests for publications, product purchases, feedback, donations, etc. The information is either needed to fulfill your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service e.g. if we are holding an event in your area that may be of legitimate interest to you. You do not have to disclose any of this information in order to browse the sites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
- The personal information we hold about you is kept securely on our centralised system and is only accessed by authorised UCB staff to process any requests that you make including authorised third parties approved to carry out activities on UCB’s behalf e.g. direct mailings.
To update the information or preferences we hold on you or change the way we contact you visit ucb.co.uk/myaccount
We will use the information you provide to:
- process donations, sales transactions, or other payments
- handle orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders
- deal with any requests or enquiries
- record any contact we have with you
- provide you with information about our services, activities or online content
- provide a personalised service to you when you visit our websites e.g. by customising the content and/or layout of our pages
- communicate with you by appropriate means such as written communication, email, SMS message, and other methods as appropriate technology develops
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- in aggregate (and therefore anonymously) to profile your use of the websites and carry out research on demographics, interests and behaviour to help us gain a better understanding of how you navigate and use the websites, to enable us to improve our service to you.
We will not use the information you provide to:
- Send your content unrelated to your preferences.
- Sell on to third parties to contact you.
Information to Third Parties
We will keep your personal information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law, please see below for offensive or inappropriate content. Generally we will only use your personal information within UCB. However, we may use other companies to provide services on our behalf, including mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer's questions about products or services, sending postal mail, emails and text messages, analysing data and processing credit card payments. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We require all such companies to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation. UCB requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly given consent.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Emails to our presenters and broadcasting staff may be shared and copied internally within UCB, for the purposes of transparency and information sharing. However, your personal identifying information will never be shared with other third party organisations without your prior consent.
Offensive or Inappropriate Content
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of UCB, the site or its visitors. If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to our websites or engage in any disruptive behaviour we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. If we reasonably believe that the content you have posted may be in breach of any applicable laws we may use your personal information to inform any relevant third parties such as law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
Except as indicated above we will not use or transfer this data to any third parties without your prior permission.
Under the age of 18
If you are aged 18 or under you must have the permission of a parental or guardian prior to providing any personal information to UCB.
The Information Advertising Bureau www.allaboutcookies.org provide in depth information about cookies. This site also tells you how to remove cookies from your browser.
- personalise the sites to your requirements
- identify who you are and to access your UCB account information
- estimate our audience size and patterns
- track preferences and improve and update our websites
- track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests.
How to block Cookies
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org website, which contains much more comprehensive information on how to control cookies on a wide variety of web browsers. There, you will also find details on deleting cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of UCB website.
Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. We use secure server software to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use reasonable efforts to prevent this.
If for any reason you suspect that your credit card has been used to make an inaccurate or incorrect transaction through this website, please advise us at the earliest opportunity by calling 0845 6040401. We will investigate and arrange a refund as necessary.
Your acceptance of this Policy
Any personal information submitted via our sites is treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
We will only hold your personal information on our system for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
You may request details of your personal information and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You will be required to prove your identity. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete your personal information.
Making a Complaint
If you wish to complain about the way that we have used your personal information then you may write to: Supporter Care, United Christian Broadcasters Ltd, Operations Centre, Westport Road, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 4JF. Alternatively you may contact the Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF Tel: 0303 123 1113 www.ico.gov.uk
Legal Statement: Disclaimer
UCB is not liable for any damages arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the site.
This site may offer links to other sites thereby enabling you to leave this site and go directly to the linked sites.
UCB is not responsible for the content of any linked site not operated by UCB or any link in a linked site not operated by UCB. UCB is not responsible for any transmission received from any linked site.
The inclusion of a link to a site not operated by UCB does not imply that UCB endorses or has approved the linked site.