Be passionate! (2)
David wrote, ‘I felt a fire burning inside, and the more I thought, the more it burned, until at last I said: “Please, Lord, show me my future”’ (v.3-4 CEV). Passion is like fire; unless you feed it and tend it, it'll die.
Try asking yourself this question: on a scale of one to ten, how wholehearted are you about serving God? Before you answer, think about these Scriptures:
- ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength’ (Deuteronomy 6:5 NIV).
- ‘Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart’ (Psalm 119:2 NIV).
- ‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding’ (Proverbs 3:5 NIV).
- ‘You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart’ (Jeremiah 29:13 NIV).
- ‘Fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you’ (2 Timothy 1:6 NIV).
- ‘“Return home and tell how much God has done for you.” So the man went away and told all over town how much Jesus had done for him’ (Luke 8:39 NIV).
- ‘Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church’ (1 Corinthians 14:12 NIV).
- ‘To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me’ (Colossians 1:29 NIV).
- ‘Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus’ (Philippians 3:13-14 NIVUK).
All these Scriptures can be reduced to one sentence: be passionate about what God has called you to do.
Do any of the verses in today's reading resonate with you? Write them out and learn them off by heart so you can use them as an immediate boost when your passion drops.
The UCB Word For You